Hand Disinfection Case 1 Hand Disinfection
By Magnus Avnstorp, MD, Nathalie Fryd, med.student, Christoffer Bing Madsen, med. student, and Stig Steinfurth, med.student
You must apply hand disinfectant for two mintues before every surgery.
- Use your elbow to apply hand disinfectant.
- Soak your hands and underarms.
- Keep your hands and underarms soaked for 2 minutes while you rub the hand disinfectant in.
- Rub in until dry.
- Make sure to keep your hands sterile.
- Your are now ready to put on your sterile scrubs.