Templates control how a page is presented. In some of the following guides, you will learn how to select the templates, but for now, it is just important to understand, that they exist.
In a topic, you can choose between the following five templates:
- “Topic – Overview“: Use as the parent page for the rest of the topic’s pages.
- “Topic – Resource page – Without table of content”: Use for resource pages when you wish to have a table of content shown on the right-hand side.
- “Topic – Resource page – With table of content“: Use for resource pages when you do not wish to have a table of content shown on the right-hand side.
- “Topic – Menu item“: Use for a menu item. There is no content on the page.
- “Topic – Procedure and case”: Used for step-by-step walkthrough of an operation.
In the Example topic, you can see all templates in use. Figure 1 shows where to see each template.
Figure 2 shows the administration panel, for the example topic.